How We Collect Information
We collect information such as your name, email and/or contact number when
- you register on our site or fill out a form.
- you fill up and update the Personal Data Privacy Act Consent Form.
- you enquire, apply or enrol for a course or talk.
- you fill up an online form where web technology like cookies may be deployed during web login.
- your information is available publicly such as on social media sites.
What We Use The Information For
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any one of the following ways, to:
- Personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- Improve customer service. Your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- Send periodic emails. Your email address may be used to send you information and updates of services that we believe may be of interest or benefit you;
- Administrate a contest, promotion, survey, or other events;
- Help make our advertisement, both printed and online, more relevant;
- Administer the subsidy on course fee where applicable;
- Issue the course completion certificate where applicable;
- Contact you with updates on course registration and fee which you have applied for;
- Provide marketing collaterals and details on future training courses, workshops and/or seminars (only when permission is granted);
- Administer our training courses, conduct the Training Quality and Outcomes Measurement (TRAQOM) Survey for the Training;
- Facilitate the application of government grants and SkillsFuture funding.
Refer to SSG’s Circular – [SSG Circular/RPD/2019/1] – Clarifications to Training Providers on the Revised Advisory Guidelines on the Personal Data Protection Act for NRIC and other National Identification Numbers
2. Public agencies in Singapore and organisations acting on their behalf are exempted from the Data Protection Provisions of the PDPA.
3. NRIC is a necessary data field which SSG collects for proper governance of training grant disbursement.
4. Trainees applying for SkillsFuture Funding are to provide their physical NRICs for the purpose of identification and collection of NRIC number and other personal details required to maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date records. However, SSG does not require Training Providers to keep photocopies (or scanned copies) of trainees’ NRIC, or to retain trainees’ physical NRIC.
How We Protect Your Information
Your information, whether public or private, will only be used by SERA and Members of the Precious Life Group. Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the purposes of delivering the purchased service requested by you.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving emails, you may send us an email. We will act on it within the next 5 working days.
We may disclose your information with Members of Precious Life Group, when required by law or to respond to legal process to protect our customers, to protect lives, to maintain the security of the services of our services and to protect the rights and property of SERA.
If you have any question for our Data Protection Officer, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.