Psychological First Aid Course Overview
Psychological First Aid aims to provide you with basic knowledge and skills to help adults who are affected by the crisis in life. The crisis which includes man-made, natural and personal can be overwhelming for an individual to cope. By applying Psychological First Aid skills, you will be able to support the individual through the crisis and refer them to professional help like counselors.
The course will also teach you to recognize signs of stress and how you can cope with stress. Furthermore, you will also learn the warning signs of suicide and what you can do to help someone with suicidal idealization.
Mode: Blended learning (Online Learning + 4-hour Live Webinar via Zoom) or Full Classroom Learning (7 hours)
Duration: Live Webinar (4-hours) or Full Classroom Learning (7 hours)
Course Fee: $120.00 bgst ($130.80 wgst)
Course Code: NA
Training Venue: NA (Conducted online) or SERA premises (For classroom learning)
Certification: Certificate of Attendance in Psychological First Aid, accredited by ACC Institute of Human Services. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an e-certificate via email.
For private corporate runs, the course can be conducted over a period of 1 day (7 contact hours) without elearning.
How To Register
View Upcoming Psychological First Aid Course Dates
By filling in your registration details and clicking the submit button, we will receive your registration details.
If your company is doing bulk registrations and sending participants for different course dates, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the bulk enrolment form instead and we will assist you accordingly.
Receive An Invoice
For individuals from government agencies or MOE schools, we can submit an e-invoice. Send an email to email@example.com with the name(s) of the participant(s) that you have registered, along with the e-invoicing instructions (such as department and sub-business unit).
For individuals from private organizations, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name(s) of the participant(s) that you have registered.
After receiving the participants’ registration information, SERA will send you the invoice for the amount payable.
Complete Your Online Learning Before Class
After registration and confirmation of payment method, participants will receive their online learning credentials 2-4 working days later. This will consist of readings, videos and quizzes. Please complete this before your scheduled 4-hour course.
Participants will receive the e-guidebook via email.
Request for Group/Corporate Training
SERA can conduct a private course run for your team if you have at least 8 participants. If the total class size exceeds 16, SERA can conduct multiple concurrent classes for your organisation. This can be conducted at your premises or ours.
If you have less than 8 participants, we can open a class on your preferred date (subject to availability), conducted at SERA’s premises, but will keep the class open for public registrations.
Upon filling in the form below, our team will be in touch with you to provide you the quotation.
Submit Your Enquiry Here
Psychological First Aid aims to provide you with basic knowledge and skills to help adults who are affected by the crisis in life. Crisis include man-made, natural and personal crisis can be overwhelming for an individual to cope. By applying Psychological First Aid skills, you will be able to support the individual through the crisis and refer them to professional help such as counsellors and psychologists.
First Aid in Mental Health aims to equip individuals with knowledge and skills to recognise individuals who may be going through Mental Health issues and provide immediate help. With early recognition and treatment, most will recover well and return to productive lives.
Peer Support Program focuses on equipping individuals with the knowledge and skills to support their peers during a crisis or who are suffering from mental health issues.
There is currently no funding available for this course.
There is currently no funding available for this course.
- HR personnel, managers and team leaders who handle crisis in the workplace
- Working adults who are keen to provide psychological support in the workplace
- Student Leaders in Secondary School / Junior College / Polytechnic / University
- Individuals who are keen to equip themselves to skills helping others in distress
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Understand the different types of crisis
- Identify the signs of stress
- Demonstrate stress management techniques
- Recognize grief processes
- Identify the warning signs of suicide
- Identify ways to help an individual with suicidal thoughts
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- State the actions principles of Psychological First Aid
- Provide Psychological First Aid using Look, Listen and Link Techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to provide self care and care for others
The course is a classroom-based training with lectures, hands-on and role play activities.
The training syllabus and assessment guidelines are developed by Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA).
Module 1: Introduction: Importance of Psychological First Aid During Crisis:
- What is Psychological First Aid?
- When is Psychological First Aid applied?
- What is a crisis?
- How can Psychological First Aid skills be applied in a crisis?
Module 2: Helping People to manage stress
- Identifying the causes of stress
- Identifying colleagues/classmates in distress
- Strategies to cope with stress and assist an individual who is in distress
Module 3: Helping People to cope with Grief, Death and Bereavement
- The Fundamentals of Grief Management
- Understanding Loss and Grief
- 5 Stages of Grief
- Traumatic Bereavement
Module 4: Suicide Risk Assessment and Management
- Warning signs of suicidal emergency
- Suicide Risk Assessment
- Steps in helping friends who are suicidal
Module 5: Psychological First Aid Skills and Framework
- Look, Listen and Link
- Active Listening Skills – Encouraging, Paraphrasing and Summarising
- Dos and Dont’s in Psychological First Aid
- Self-care in Psychological First Aid
- Role Play and Skills Practice
- Group activities, case scenarios and role play
- Trainers for this course have counselling or psychology experience and training
- Main trainers hold a minimum education qualification of a Master of Counselling / Master of Psychology