Transportation Evacuation of Casualty Course
📋 About the Transportation Evacuation of Casualty Course
SERA’s Transportation Evacuation of Casualty Course is an in-depth Instructor-led course that focuses on equipping you with the skills to transport and evacuate casualties on the scene and in mass casualties scenarios.
In this 1-day course, you will learn to how to use a stretcher, load casualty onto a stretcher, perform spinal management using the different spinal grips, how to use a spinal board, scoop stretcher and how to evacuate and triage casualties when there is a mass casualties scenarios
This course is highly recommended for CERT Team members or anyone who has a passion to help others in need.
Are you ready to save lives?
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identity the different types of stretchers use to evacuate casualty
- Identity the signs and symptoms of spinal injuries
- Perform basic spinal management
- Demonstrate transportation of casualty using scoop stretcher, spinal board and folderable stretcher
- Perform basic triaging of mass casualties
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from lifting and carrying.
• Introduction to different types of stretchers
– Scoop Stretcher
– Spinal Board
– Folderable Stretcher
• Introduction to cervical collar for casualty with spinal injuries
– Learn how to size a cervical collar and perform application of cervical collar on casualty
• Spinal Management
– Perform the following grip – head grip, trapezius squeeze, modified trapezius squeeze, sternum grip and sternum spinal grip
– Perform the following roll – spinal roll, prone roll and semi-prone roll
• Loading of casualty onto the stretcher
– Perform loading of casualty onto the stretcher with 4 rescuers, 3 rescuers and 2 rescuers.
• Loading of casualty using a scoop stretcher
• Triaging of Casualties
No assessment will be conducted for the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation in Transportation and Evacuation of Casualty by Singapore Emergency Responder Academy.
- Classroom-based instructor-led training focusing on simulation activities (Instructor and video, demonstration and skills)
- SERA Transportation and Evacuation of Casualty Guidebook
- First Aid Simulation using actual scoop, spinal board and folderable stretcher
You may also be interested in the following courses
Duration: 8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$150.00 (before GST) $120.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: Certificate of Participation