About Standard First Aid + AED Course
Standard First Aid + AED Course aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to apply Standard First Aid (SFA) to Adult casualty and to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety, in accordance to guidelines and methodology stipulated by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
The Standard First Aid + AED Course Certification is a requirement for all Singapore Sports Coaches to attain or renew their coaching license under the Singapore Sports.
1) Coaches, Instructors and Trainers
As part of SERA’s continuous support toward Singapore sports scene, SERA offers a 10% discount for all NROC Coaches
2) MOE School Teachers
3) Individual interested to become Standard First Aid Instructor
The Standard First Aid Certification is one of the requirements for Individual to teach Standard First Aid
4) Appointed First Aiders
Where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace as first-aiders who shall be readily available during working hours such number of persons as complies with the ratio of one first-aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace or part thereof (Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations).
5) Individual keen on learning advance first aid skills and knowledge
- Before 1st June 2019, 20 hours (2.5 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for 2 days and 9.30 am to 1.30 pm on the last day)
- After 1st June 2019, 17 hours (2 days from 9 am to 6:30 pm for 2 days)
|Self-Sponored||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|SSG Funding (≥ 21 years old)||$156.00||$52.65|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old)||$175.50||$33.15|
- You can use your SkillsFuture Credit to claim for the remaining of the course fee! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- To apply for funding, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Company-Sponsored (SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees - |
90% of course fee up to $25 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 80% of hourly basic salary up to $7.50 per training hr"
| $175.50 || $33.15
|Coy, SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary"
| $182.25 || $26.40
|Company-Sponsored (NON-SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, Non-SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees ( ≥ 21 years old ) - |
80% of course fee up to $17 per training hr + $7 per OJT hrAbsentee Payroll -
80% of hourly basic salary up to $4.50 per training hr
|Coy, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old ), External Course Fees - ||$175.50 ||$33.15
|Coy, Non-SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $8.50 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
- Note: SkillsFuture Funding, >=21 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR SkillsFuture Funding, >=40 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
- Please note that prices are subject to changes.
- *Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary).
- Course ID: CRS-N-0040374
- Introduction to First Aid
- Responding to Medical Emergencies
- Respiratory system and associated first aid management
- Circulatory system and associated first aid management
- Nervous system and associated first aid management
- Musculoskeletal system and associated first aid management
- Endocrine system and associated first aid management
- Transportation and Evacuation of casualty
- CPR+AED Provider Course
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of injuries (Click on the content tab to find out more)
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Perform adult CPR and use the AED
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction (i.e. choking) management for a conscious or unconscious adult
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
View Upcoming Dates
View All Dates in 2020
About SERA's Training Equipment
In line with Singapore’s Resuscitation and First Aid Council Guidelines, SERA uses the following high/low fidelity manikins for all our Standard First Aid, Occupational First Aid, CPR+AED and BCLS+AED Courses
- QCPR Manikin by Laerdal
- Brayden PRO QCPR Manikin
- Preston CPR Manikin (Adult and Infant)
Watch the videos below to find out more about the manikins
How many SDU points am I eligible for under the CPD programme for safety officers?
SERA’s Standard First Aid Course has been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 20 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
View upcoming dates and Register Now:
View all dates in 2020:
Standard First Aid + AED Course Information
Course Fee: $185.00 (before GST) [For Limited Time]
Eligible for SSG Funding (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0040374)
Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0040374)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Duration: 16 hours (2.5 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for 2 days)
Upon Completion: Standard First Aid with CPR+AED Certificate
Accredited by SRFAC, recongised by National Registry of Coaches (Sports SG)
Validity Period: 2 years from the date of completion
You may also be interested in the following courses
First Aid Courses in Singapore Guide is brought to you by the Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA) (www.sera.sg). Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere. As we spend approximately 40 hours…