Standard First Aid + AED Course
The Standard First Aid + AED Course aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to apply Standard First Aid (SFA) to Adult casualty and to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety and effectively, in accordance to guidelines and methodology stipulated by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
The Standard First Aid Certification is a requirement for all Singapore Sports Coaches to attain or renew their coaching license under the Singapore Sports.
1) Coaches, Instructors and Trainers
As part of SERA’s continuous support toward Singapore sports scene, SERA offers a 10% discount for all NROC Coaches
2) MOE School Teachers
3) Individual interested to become Standard First Aid Instructor
The Standard First Aid Certification is one of the requirements for Individual to teach Standard First Aid
4) Appointed First Aiders
Where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace as first-aiders who shall be readily available during working hours such number of persons as complies with the ratio of one first-aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace or part thereof (Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations).
5) Individual keen on learning advance first aid skills and knowledge
20 hours (2.5 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for 2 days and 9.30 am to 1.30 pm on the last day)
- Introduction to First Aid
- Responding to Medical Emergencies
- Respiratory system and associated first aid management
- Circulatory system and associated first aid management
- Nervous system and associated first aid management
- Musculosketetal system and associated first aid management
- Endocrine system and associated first aid management
- Transportation and Evacuation of casualty
- CPR+AED Provider Course
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of injuries (Click on the content tab to find out more)
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Perform adult CPR and use the AED
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction (i.e. choking) management for a conscious or unconscious adult
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
$195.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
NROC Sport Coaches and certified SERA participants are eligible for a special 10% discount off the programme fee.
Eligible participants are to email their personal particulars + an image of their membership card to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write in to email@example.com if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
- Use your SkillsFuture Credit for the course! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0040374)Kindly note that the amount of funding accorded will depend on 1) your company’s profile on SSG and 2) the profile of the participants that you’re sending for the course. A summary of the type and amount of funding that the staff will be eligible for can be viewed here.
- Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0040374)
According to Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council, the Standard First Aid Certification is valid for 2 years. To renew the certification, you are required to attend the 2-days Standard First Aid Refresher Course before the certification expires.
How many SDU points am I eligible for under the CPD programme for safety officers?
SERA’s Standard First Aid Course has been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 20 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
Updates of the Standard First Aid Course by SRFAC
- Existing Standard First Aid + AED accreditation by NFAC will now be recognised as Standard First Aid. The Standard First Aid course must include CPR+AED content, in-line with SRFAC’s CPR+AED guidelines.
- QCPR assessment will be required for all CPR(MTM/HO)+AED courses by 1st June 2019.
“ They focus on the practical and functional things to learn on top of the theories and philosophies. And they do the job because they are committed to it and not just do it for the sake of doing it. Great vibes and hope you have more opportunities to teach people this important life-skills. – Michael De Leon, 29 August 2018
$208.00 (before GST) $195.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0040374)
Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0040374)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Duration: 20 hours (2.5 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for 2 days and 9.30 am to 1.30 pm on the last day)
Upon Completion: Standard First Aid Certificate (Accredited by SRFAC)
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion