Psychological First Aid Course
📋 About the Course
Psychological First Aid is a classroom-based lesson with lectures, hands-on and role play activities. The course will provide you with basic knowledge and skills in providing psychological first aid to people who are affected by crisis. The course will also help you to recognize signs of stress and teach you how to manage and cope with stress.
A 2-hrs Psychological First Aid Awareness Workshop is available for Corporate Companies- write in to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identity the different types of crisis
- Identity the signs of stress
- Demonstrate stress management techniques
- Identity the core elements of Psychological First Aid
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- State the actions principles of Psychological First Aid
- Provide Psychological First Aid using Look, Listen and Link Techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to provide self care and care for others
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- Recommended age: From 16 years old and above
- Introduction to Psychological First Aid
- Understanding Crisis and the impact
- Introduction to stress and the stress management technique
- Introduction to Psychological support
- Introduction to Look, Listen, Link Technique in Psychological First Aid
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate in Psychological First Aid, accredited by ACC Institute of Human Services.
- Classroom-based Instructor-led training
- SERA Psychological First Aid Course Guide
- Group activities, case scenarios and role play
Trainer is a state registered nurse with Para-counselling certificate with close to 10 years of providing psychological first aid to his youth in his Secondary School CCA, The Boys’ Brigade. Click here for the Trainer’s profile.
You may also be interested in the following courses
Accreditation: ACC Institute of Human Services
Duration: 7 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm) with 1 hour lunch break
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$160.00 (before GST) $100.00 (exclusive of GST) for a limited time only, $107.00 (inclusive of GST)
- The course fee includes registration fee and training notes
- Payment modes
- Paypal (through www.sera.sg)
- Cheque (payable to Singapore Emergency Responder Academy)
- Minimum of 10 participants to start a class
- Corporate class can be arranged as minimum as 10 participants per class.
Upon Completion: Certificate of Participation in Psychological First Aid