Occupational First Aid Course (OFA)
The Occupational First Aid (OFA) Course aims to equip you with knowledge and skills to apply First Aid (FA) to Adult casualty and to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety and effectively in your workplace, in accordance to guidelines and methodology stipulated by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
The course is a requirement for all Appointed First Aiders to fulfill the Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulation in their workplace.
1) Appointed First Aiders
Where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace as first-aiders who shall be readily available during working hours such number of persons as complies with the ratio of one first-aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace or part thereof (Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations).
2) Safety officers
3) Laboratory technicians
4) Workers who operates with heavy machinery etc
24 hours (3 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day), 24 hours (6 days from 6:00pm to 10:00pm)
Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Approved by: Ministry of Manpower
Guided by: Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
OFA Course Information
- Introduction to First Aid, Principles & Practice of First Aid, Management of Medical Emergencies
- Respiratory System and the Appropriate First Aid Management
- Circulatory System and the Appropriate First Aid Management
- Nervous System and the Appropriate First Aid Management
- Musculoskeletal System and the Appropriate First Aid Management
- Integumentary System and the Appropriate First Aid Management
- Occupational Safety
- Methods of Transportation
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Recourse will be required if he or she fails on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment
A certificate will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set and assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Participants will need to submit a digital copy of their passport photo (.jpg or .png) to email@example.com upon registration.
- Course is approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
- Classroom-based in hands-on class set up that reinforces skills performance, group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
$328.00 (before GST) $300.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
$280.00 (before GST) for Evening Course for a limited time only
Write in to firstname.lastname@example.org if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
- Use your SkillsFuture Credit for the course! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)Kindly note that the amount of funding accorded will depend on 1) your company’s profile on SSG and 2) the profile of the participants that you’re sending for the course. A summary of the type and amount of funding that the staff will be eligible for can be viewed here.
- Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
According to Ministry of Manpower and Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council, the Occupational First Aid Certification is valid for 2 years. To renew the certification, you are required to attend the 2-days Occupational First Aid Refresher Course before the certification expires.
How many SDU points am I eligible for under the CPD programme for safety officers?
SERA’s OFA has been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 23 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
Attended a 3-day Occupational First Aid Training course at SERA. Many thanks to the Instructor for being an excellent instructor. He made the course enjoyable and presented in an interesting manner. He ensures we understand the situation and the required action before proceeding to the next one. He shared his real-life experiences which makes thing easier to understand. Thanks for making us confident in being able to administer first aid. – Jecaine Lumapguid, 31 July 2018
$328.00 (before GST) $300.00 (before GST) for a limited time only, $280.00 (before GST) for Evening Course for a limited time only
Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
Venue: SERA, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Duration: 24 hours (3 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day) or 24 hours (6 days from 6:00pm to 10:00pm)
Upon Completion: Certificate in Occupational First Aid (Accredited by SRFAC and approved by MOM)
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion