Occupational First Aid Course
📋 About Occupational First Aid
Occupational First Aid course (OFA) is specifically designed for those who interested in safety jobs such as; safety officers, laboratory technicians, or an individual whose job require them to meet the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act requirements.
Students will learn the critical skills in responding to different emergencies in the workplace in different situations in the first few minutes before an emergency medical team arrives.
This course includes the occupational safety and CPR with AED modules to meet the Workplace Safety and Health Act requirements. Our Occupational First Aid course is accredited by the Ministry of Manpower, guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA). In addition, SERA’s OFA has also been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 23 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
- Introduction to First Aid, Principles & Practice of First Aid, Management of Medical Emergencies
- The Respiratory System
- The Circulatory System
- The Nervous System
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Integumentary System
- Occupational Safety
- Methods of Transfer
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees will retake the entire course if he or she fails on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment
A certificate will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set and assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Participants will need to submit a digital copy of their passport photo (.jpg or .png) to email@example.com upon registration.
- Course is approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
- Classroom-based in hands-on class set up that reinforces skills performance, group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
Featured Review by Our Certified Participant
Attended a 3-day Occupational First Aid Training course at SERA. Many thanks to the Instructor for being an excellent instructor. He made the course enjoyable and presented in an interesting manner. He ensures we understand the situation and the required action before proceeding to the next one. He shared his real-life experiences which makes thing easier to understand. Thanks for making us confident in being able to administer first aid. – Jecaine Lumapguid, 31 July 2018
Course Code/ID: CRS-N-0040685
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC), approved by: Ministry of Manpower
Duration: 24 hours (3 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day), 24 hours (6 days from 7:00pm to 11:00pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$328.00 (before GST) $300.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: Certificate in Occupational First Aid
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion