Occupational First Aid Refresher
📋 About Occupational First Aid Refresher
Occupational First Aid Refresher is specifically designed for those who interested in safety jobs such as; safety officers, laboratory technicians, or an individual whose job require them to meet the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act requirements.
Students will learn the critical skills in responding to different emergencies in the workplace in different situations in the first few minutes before an emergency medical team arrives.
This course includes the occupational safety and CPR with AED modules to meet the Workplace Safety and Health Act requirements. Our Occupational First Aid Refresher is accredited by the Ministry of Manpower, guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA). In addition, SERA’s OFA has also been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 16 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
- Introduction to First Aid, Principles & Practice of First Aid, Management of Medical Emergencies
- The Respiratory System
- The Circulatory System
- The Nervous System
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Integumentary System
- Occupational Safety
- Methods of Transfer
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
A certificate will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set and assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Participants will need to submit a digital copy of their passport photo (.jpg or .png) to email@example.com upon registration.
- Course is approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
- Classroom-based in hands-on class set up that reinforces skills performance, group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- SERA uses Prestan Professional CPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Each student realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allow students to observe a true chest rise.
- Face/head tilt enhances the CPR learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR properly.
- Clicker mechanism and rate monitor increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions.
Course Code/ID: CRS-N-0045926
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC), approved by: Ministry of Manpower
Duration: 16 hours (2 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day), 16 hours (4 days from 7:00pm to 11:00pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$250.00 (before GST) $228.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: Certificate in Occupational First Aid
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion