About Occupational First Aid (OFA) Refresher Course
Occupational First Aid Refresher Course aims to refresh your knowledge and skills to apply First Aid (FA) to Adult casualty and to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety and effectively in your workplace, in accordance to guidelines and methodology stipulated by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
Occupational First Aid Refresher course is a requirement for all Appointed First Aiders to fulfil the Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulation in their workplace.
Provider certificates are eligible for renewal/refresher course, 3 months before or 3 months after the stated expiry date.
1) Appointed First Aiders whose certificates are expiring
Where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace as first-aiders who shall be readily available during working hours such number of persons as complies with the ratio of one first-aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace or part thereof (Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations).
2) Safety officers whose certificates are expiring
3) Laboratory technicians whose certificates are expiring
4) Workers who operates with heavy machinery whose certificates are expiring etc
16 hours (2 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day), 16 hours (4 days from 7:00pm to 11:00pm)
Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Approved by: Ministry of Manpower
Guided by: Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
|Self-Sponored||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|SSG Funding (≥ 21 years old)||$182.40||$61.56|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old)||$205.20||$38.76|
- You can use your SkillsFuture Credit to claim for the remaining of the course fee! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- To apply for funding, kindly write to email@example.com
|Company-Sponsored (SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees - |
90% of course fee up to $25 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 80% of hourly basic salary up to $7.50 per training hr
|Coy, SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
|Company-Sponsored (NON-SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, Non-SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees ( ≥ 21 years old ) - |
80% of course fee up to $17 per training hr + $7 per OJT hrAbsentee Payroll -
80% of hourly basic salary up to $4.50 per training hr
|Coy, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old ), External Course Fees - ||$205.20||$38.76|
|Coy, Non-SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $8.50 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
- Note: SSG Funding, >=21 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy, >=40 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
- *Course Fee tabulated above is before the promotion price, grants will be adjusted based on the promotion price
- Please note that prices are subject to changes
- Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary)
- Course ID: CRS-N-0045659
Occupational First Aid Refresher Course Content
- Principles and practices of first aid
- Management of medical emergencies
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Fractures and soft tissues injuries
- Handling and transportation of the injured
- Eye and other injuries
- Burn injuries
- Breathing difficulties
- Responding to an unconscious casualty
- First Aid Requirements in Factories and Other Workplace – The Workplace Safety & Health (First Aid) Regulations
- Industrial Toxicology – Chemicals, Safety Data Sheet, Preventive and Precautionary measures with Case Studies
- Safety and Accident Prevention – Workplace Safety & Health Act Safe Work Measures with Case Studies
- CPR & use of AED
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Individuals who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Participants who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
An electronic certificate will be given at the end of the Occupational First Aid Refresher once the trainees pass the skills set and assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
- Existing Occupational First Aid Certification
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Participants will need to submit a digital copy of their passport photo (.jpg or .png) to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration.
- Occupational First Aid Refresher is approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
- Classroom-based in hands-on class set up that reinforces skills performance, group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- SERA uses Prestan Professional CPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Each student realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allow students to observe a true chest rise.
- Face/head tilt enhances the CPR learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR properly.
- Clicker mechanism and rate monitor increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions.
View Upcoming Dates:
How many SDU points am I eligible for under the CPD programme for safety officers?
SERA’s Occupational First Aid Refresher has been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 17 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
View Upcoming Dates:
Occupational First Aid Refresher Course Information
$280.00 (before GST) $250.00 (before GST) for a limited time only (Day Class), $168 (before GST) for Evening Class
Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
Venue: SERA, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Upon Completion: Certificate in Occupational First Aid (Accredited by SRFAC and approved by MOM)
Duration: 18 hours (2 days from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm for each day), 16 hours (4 days from 6:00pm to 10:00pm)
Validity Period: 2 years from the date of completion
You may also be interested in the following courses
SERA goes Green! In line with Singapore's effort to go Green and cut down on the high usage of plastics and papers, SERA will be implementing the following changes. 1.…