Occupational First Aid Refresher
The Occupational First Aid (OFA) Refresher Course aims to refresher your knowledge and skills to apply First Aid (FA) to Adult casualty and to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety and effectively in your workplace, in accordance to guidelines and methodology stipulated by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
The course is a requirement for all Appointed First Aiders to fulfill the Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulation in their workplace.
1) Appointed First Aiders whose certificates are expiring
Where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace as first-aiders who shall be readily available during working hours such number of persons as complies with the ratio of one first-aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace or part thereof (Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations).
2) Safety officers whose certificates are expiring
3) Laboratory technicians whose certificates are expiring
4) Workers who operates with heavy machinery whose certificates are expiring etc
16 hours (2 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day), 16 hours (4 days from 7:00pm to 11:00pm)
Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Approved by: Ministry of Manpower
Guided by: Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
- Introduction to First Aid, Principles & Practice of First Aid, Management of Medical Emergencies
- The Respiratory System
- The Circulatory System
- The Nervous System
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Integumentary System
- Occupational Safety
- Methods of Transfer
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
A certificate will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set and assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Participants will need to submit a digital copy of their passport photo (.jpg or .png) to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration.
- Course is approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
- Classroom-based in hands-on class set up that reinforces skills performance, group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- SERA uses Prestan Professional CPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Each student realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allow students to observe a true chest rise.
- Face/head tilt enhances the CPR learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR properly.
- Clicker mechanism and rate monitor increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
$250.00 (before GST) $228.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Certified SERA participants are eligible for a special 10% discount off the programme fee.
Eligible participants are to email their personal particulars + an image of their membership card to email@example.com
Write in to firstname.lastname@example.org if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
- Use your SkillsFuture Credit for the course! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)Kindly note that the amount of funding accorded will depend on 1) your company’s profile on SSG and 2) the profile of the participants that you’re sending for the course. A summary of the type and amount of funding that the staff will be eligible for can be viewed here.
- Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
According to Ministry of Manpower and Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council, the Occupational First Aid Certification is valid for 2 years. To renew the certification, you are required to attend the 2-days Occupational First Aid Refresher Course before the certification expires.
How many SDU points am I eligible for under the CPD programme for safety officers?
SERA’s OFA has been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 17 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
Course Fee: $228.00 (before GST)
Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0045926)
Venue: SERA, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Upon Completion: Certificate in Occupational First Aid (Accredited by SRFAC and approved by MOM)
Duration: 18 hours (2 days from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm for each day), 16 hours (4 days from 6:00pm to 10:00pm)
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion