First Aid for Young Parents
📋 First Aid for Young Parents
First Aid for Young Parents is designed to young parents who wants to learn more about talking care of their baby (newborn to 1 years old) or children (aged 1 to 12 years old). The course will equip you with the basic skills and knowledge to render first aid to baby and children when called upon. In addition, you will also learn the common types of baby and children illness in Singapore and how you can provide care for them!
The course is taught by qualified First Aid Instructors who have experience in caring infants and children.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of unintentional injuries
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction management for infant and child
- Perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on infant and child
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Responding to Medical Emergencies
- Breathing Difficulties
- Circulatory System and Wound Management
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Other Injuries
- Infant and Children CPR
- Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction in Infant and Child (i.e. Choking)
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Certificate of attendance will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set required.
Kindly note that if you are working in a childcare centre and require a Child First Aid certification accredited by the National First Aid Council (NFAC) and approved by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), this is not the course you need to attend.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Participants will be given a Basic First Aid guidebook
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the National Resuscitation Council of Singapore
- SERA uses Prestan Professional CPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allows students to observe a true chest rise.
- Head tilt-chin lift feature enhances the learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR
- Clicker mechanism and rate monitor increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions
$160.00 per pax (exclusive of GST)
- The course fee includes registration fee, training notes, and 1 face-shield
- Please note that GST is applicable to all courses, final cost fee will be reflected on the registration page
- Payment Modes
- Paypal (through www.sera.sg)
- Cheque (payable to Singapore Emergency Responder Academy)
- A corporate class can be arranged as minimum as 6 trainees per class.
Duration: 8 hours (9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$180.00 (before GST) $160.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: Certificate in Basic First Aid for Young Parents