About First Aid for Parents and Caregivers
First Aid for Young Parents is designed to parents or caregivers who want to learn more about taking care of their baby (newborn to 1 year old) or children (aged 1 to 12 years old). The course will equip you with the basic skills and knowledge to render first aid to a baby and child when called upon. In addition, you will also learn the common types of baby and childhood illness and how you can provide care for them!
The course is taught by qualified First Aid Instructors who have experience in caring infants and children.
At the end of the First Aid for Parents and Caregivers Workshop, you will be able to:
- Respond to Medical Emergencies [DRSABC]
- Help a child who is having a seizure
- Assist a child who is having asthma or allergic reaction
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction management for infant and child
- Perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on infant and child
- Understand Hand Foot Mouth Diseases
- Perform head and palm bandaging
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Responding to Medical Emergencies
- Breathing Difficulties (Asthma and Allergic Reaction)
- Circulatory System and Wound Management
- Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction in Infant and Child (i.e. Choking)
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Infant and Children CPR
- Hand Foot Mouth Disease
Certificate of attendance will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set required.
Kindly note that if you are working in a childcare centre and require a Child First Aid certification accredited by the National First Aid Council (NFAC) and approved by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), this is not the course you need to attend.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- SERA uses Prestan Professional CPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allows students to observe a true chest rise.
- Head tilt-chin lift feature enhances the learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR
- Clicker mechanism and rate monitor increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions
Duration: 4 hours
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Course Fee: $80.00 (before GST)
Upon Completion: Certificate of Attendance in Infant and Child First Aid