CPR AED Instructor Course
📋 About CPR AED Instructor Course
CPR AED Instructor Course – Do you love meeting people and making a difference in their lives?
If so, the CPR+AED Instructor Course is the one for you! Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to train others in CPR+AED and equip them with the necessary life-saving skills.
CPR AED Instructor Course is an 8-hour course for those who enjoy teaching people in saving lives. The course content includes principles in Teaching and Learning, CPR Manikin Maintenance and Trouble-shooting and small group training with lots of practical assessments. The course requires a valid CPR+AED provider certificate upon registration.
There is a requirement of 2 attachments after taking this course to be certified as a CPR and AED Instructor, and the attachment can be done at SERA.
After you successfully complete your course and obtain your CPR+AED Instructor certificate, you can consider joining us as an instructor! Not only will you get to train hundreds of people and teach them CPR and AED, you will also have a flexible training schedule.
*Please note that taking the CPR+AED Instructor Course does not automatically make you an instructor of SERA. Interested applicants can send their application and resume here.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- Valid CPR and AED certification
If you do not have a valid CPR and AED certificate, fret not! Join our CPR and AED course first before proceeding on to the CPR and AED Instructor Course.
- Principles in Teaching and Learning
- CPR Manikin Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Small Group Training with Practical Assessments
Theory and Practical: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Attachment: Upon completion of the classroom training, participants are required to complete at least 1 attachment with the Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA), and another at any NRC-Accredited CPR+AED Training Centre.
The certificate will be issued after the participant successfully completes and passes the 2 attachments.
If the trainee fails any one of the two attachments, the participant is considered to have failed the attachment and needs to take a third attachment. If the participant fails the third attachment, the participant is considered to have failed the course. There will be no further attachments given and the participant will have to retake the entire course.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Prestan Professional CPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allows students to observe a true chest rise.
- Head tilt-chin lift feature enhances the learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR
- Clicker mechanism and rate monitor increases student’s confidence in administering adequate compressions
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Duration: 8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$250.00 (before GST) $220.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Attachment Fee: $50 (before GST) per attachment
*For participants who are taking the Instructor course at other Training Centres and will like to complete their CPR+AED Instructor course attachments at our Academy only.
Click here to register for the attachment
Upon Completion: CPR+AED Instructor Certification
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion