CPR + AED Certification Course
About CPR + AED Certification Course
CPR + AED Certification Course aims to empower individual to step forward and perform Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) when called upon. Many studies have shown that performing CPR and use of the AED can improve the chance of survival of the casualty. In fact, for every minute of delay treatment, the chance of survival drops by 7-10%.
In line with Singapore’s effort to equip more people with CPR + AED skills, SERA is offering an affordable yet quality training using our high fidelity QCPR Manikin by Laerdal. This is in line with Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) guidelines for all CPR + AED Certification courses to be equipped with QCPR Training.
- For anyone with or without medical training who needs to be equipped with skills in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identity signs and symptoms of cardiac arrest and heart attack
- Perform adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use the Automated External Defibrillator
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Chain of Survival
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack
- Signs and symptoms of a cardiac arrest
- How to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a CPR + AED Certification that is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and is valid for 2 years.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- A card certificate will be given upon completion of the course.
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experience
$80 per pax (exclusive of GST)
- The course fee includes registration fee, training notes, and 1 face-shield
- Please note that GST is applicable to all courses, final cost fee will be reflected on the registration page
- Payment Modes
- Paypal (through www.sera.sg)
- Cheque (payable to Singapore Emergency Responder Academy)
- A corporate class can be arranged as minimum as 6 trainees per class.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
According to Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council, the CPR+AED Certification is valid for 2 years. To renew the certification, you are required to attend the Refresher Course before the certification expires.
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Duration: 4 hours (0.5 day from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Course Fee: $80.00 (before GST)
Certified SERA participants and Instructor are eligible for a special 10% discount off the programme fee.
Eligible participants are to email their personal particulars + an image of their membership card to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write in to email@example.com if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
Upon Completion: CPR + AED Provider Certification
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion