About the CPR + AED Certification Course
CPR + AED Certification Course aims to empower the individual to step forward and perform Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) when called upon. Many studies have shown that performing CPR and use of the AED can improve the chance of survival of the casualty. In fact, for every minute of delay treatment, the chance of survival drops by 7-10%.
In line with Singapore’s effort to equip more people with CPR + AED skills, SERA is offering an affordable yet quality training using our high fidelity QCPR Manikin by Laerdal. This is in line with Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) guidelines for all CPR + AED Certification courses to be equipped with QCPR Training.
- For anyone with or without medical training who needs to be equipped with skills in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identity signs and symptoms of cardiac arrest and heart attack
- Perform adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use the Automated External Defibrillator
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Chain of Survival
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack
- Signs and symptoms of a cardiac arrest
- How to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a CPR + AED Certification that is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and is valid for 2 years.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- A card certificate will be given upon completion of the course.
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experience
$80 per pax (exclusive of GST)
- The course fee includes registration fee, training notes, and 1 face-shield
- Please note that GST is applicable to all courses, final cost fee will be reflected on the registration page
- Payment Modes
- Paypal (through www.sera.sg)
- Cheque (payable to Singapore Emergency Responder Academy)
- A corporate class can be arranged as minimum as 6 trainees per class.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our extensive FAQs are here to answer any questions you may have about SERA’s training courses, certifications, accreditations and more.
Applying for SSG Fundings
We are pleased to share that Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who are above the age of 21 can qualify for Self-Sponsored SSG Funding for Individuals.
Please see below for the steps to apply for this funding:
- Register the courses with us
- Please fill in the form here as all information is mandatory for us to submit the claim for you: https://goo.gl/forms/7DLbtyGtlRL3xKlJ2.
- You will require a password to fill in the form. The password is 2019SERA
- Based on the information that you have submitted, we will apply for SSG funding for you
- We will inform you of the outcome and the balance due payable by you
- For the balance due payable by you, you can make payment via Skillsfuture Credits, NETS, bank transfer or PayNow. Do advise which method you’d prefer.
Kindly note that the certificate for the course will be issued to you only upon successful completion of the course and receipt of the balance due payable by you.
*The following courses are not applicable for SSG Self Sponsored Fundings but are applicable for Skillsfuture Fundings:
- Basic First Aid with CPR+AED Course
- Basic First Aid Course
- Psychological First Aid Course
About WTS Fundings
WTS stands for Workfare Training Support Scheme. WTS encourages individuals to attend training to upgrade their work skills and improve their employability.
Eligible individuals may receive:
- Course fee subsidy to lower training costs
- Training allowance when training is relevant to their job and individuals had paid for their own training
- A cash reward for completing training
Refer to Programme Brochure for the terms and conditions
To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities); and
- Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.
About Our Courses
About our Accreditation
Yes. Please refer to the list below for course accreditation information.
All Standard First Aid, Child First Aid, CPR + AED and Basic Life Support (BCLS+AED) and Instructor Courses
Accredited by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Occupational First Aid Courses
Accredited by MOM
Applied Psychological First Aid
Accredited by the Academy of Certified Counsellors (ACC)
Basic First Aid and Infant and Child Basic First Aid Courses
Accredited by SERA.
All courses accredited by SRFAC and MOM will last for 2 years from the date of completion.
Yes, we provide refresher courses for Standard First Aid, Basic First Aid and Occupational First Aid.
Provider certificates are eligible for renewal/refresher course, 3 months before or 3 months after the stated expiry date.
Yes, we can provide the class at your premises with a minimum of 8 participants. Kindly drop us an email at email@example.com to find out more.
SERA complies with the SRFAC guidelines of
1 Instructor: 6 Students: 1 Manikin/AED for our CPR+AED Courses,
1 Instructor: 18 Students for our Standard First Aid Courses, Child and Occupational First Aid Courses
About Our Location
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Duration: 4 hours (0.5 day from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Course Fee: $80.00 (before GST)
Upon Completion: CPR + AED Provider Certification
Validity Period: 2 years from the date of completion