About CERT Transportation Evacuation Course
SERA’s Transportation Evacuation of Casualty Course is an in-depth Instructor-led course that focuses on equipping you with the skills to transport and evacuate casualties on the scene and in mass casualties scenarios.
In this 1-day course, you will learn to how to use a stretcher, load casualty onto a stretcher, perform spinal management using the different spinal grips, how to use a spinal board, scoop stretcher and how to evacuate and triage casualties when there are a mass casualties scenarios
This course is highly recommended for CERT Team members or anyone who has a passion to help others in need.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identity the different types of stretchers use to evacuate casualty
- Identity the signs and symptoms of spinal injuries
- Perform basic spinal management
- Demonstrate transportation of casualty using scoop stretcher, spinal board and folderable stretcher
- Perform basic triaging of mass casualties
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from lifting and carrying.
• Introduction to different types of stretchers
– Scoop Stretcher
– Spinal Board
– Folderable Stretcher
• Introduction to cervical collar for casualty with spinal injuries
– Learn how to size a cervical collar and perform application of cervical collar on casualty
• Spinal Management
– Perform the following grip – head grip, trapezius squeeze, modified trapezius squeeze, sternum grip and sternum spinal grip
– Perform the following roll – spinal roll, prone roll and semi-prone roll
• Loading of casualty onto the stretcher
– Perform loading of casualty onto the stretcher with 4 rescuers, 3 rescuers and 2 rescuers.
• Loading of casualty using a scoop stretcher
• Triaging of Casualties
No assessment will be conducted for the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation in Transportation and Evacuation of Casualty by Singapore Emergency Responder Academy.
- Classroom-based instructor-led training focusing on simulation activities (Instructor and video, demonstration and skills)
- SERA Transportation and Evacuation of Casualty Guidebook
- First Aid Simulation using actual scoop, spinal board and folderable stretcher
Frequently Asked Questions
Our extensive FAQs are here to answer any questions you may have about SERA’s training courses, certifications, accreditations and more.
Applying for SSG Fundings
We are pleased to share that Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who are above the age of 21 can qualify for Self-Sponsored SSG Funding for Individuals.
Please see below for the steps to apply for this funding:
- Register the courses with us
- Please fill in the form here as all information is mandatory for us to submit the claim for you: https://goo.gl/forms/7DLbtyGtlRL3xKlJ2.
- You will require a password to fill in the form. The password is 2019SERA
- Based on the information that you have submitted, we will apply for SSG funding for you
- We will inform you of the outcome and the balance due payable by you
- For the balance due payable by you, you can make payment via Skillsfuture Credits, NETS, bank transfer or PayNow. Do advise which method you’d prefer.
Kindly note that the certificate for the course will be issued to you only upon successful completion of the course and receipt of the balance due payable by you.
*The following courses are not applicable for SSG Self Sponsored Fundings but are applicable for Skillsfuture Fundings:
- Basic First Aid with CPR+AED Course
- Basic First Aid Course
- Psychological First Aid Course
About WTS Fundings
WTS stands for Workfare Training Support Scheme. WTS encourages individuals to attend training to upgrade their work skills and improve their employability.
Eligible individuals may receive:
- Course fee subsidy to lower training costs
- Training allowance when training is relevant to their job and individuals had paid for their own training
- A cash reward for completing training
Refer to Programme Brochure for the terms and conditions
To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities); and
- Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.
About Our Courses
About our Accreditation
Yes. Please refer to the list below for course accreditation information.
All Standard First Aid, Child First Aid, CPR + AED and Basic Life Support (BCLS+AED) and Instructor Courses
Accredited by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Occupational First Aid Courses
Accredited by MOM
Applied Psychological First Aid
Accredited by the Academy of Certified Counsellors (ACC)
Basic First Aid and Infant and Child Basic First Aid Courses
Accredited by SERA.
All courses accredited by SRFAC and MOM will last for 2 years from the date of completion.
Yes, we provide refresher courses for Standard First Aid, Basic First Aid and Occupational First Aid.
Provider certificates are eligible for renewal/refresher course, 3 months before or 3 months after the stated expiry date.
Yes, we can provide the class at your premises with a minimum of 8 participants. Kindly drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
SERA complies with the SRFAC guidelines of
1 Instructor: 6 Students: 1 Manikin/AED for our CPR+AED Courses,
1 Instructor: 18 Students for our Standard First Aid Courses, Child and Occupational First Aid Courses
About Our Location
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
You may also be interested in the following courses
Duration: 8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$150.00 (before GST) $120.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: Certificate of Participation