Blended Learning Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED
📋 About Blended Learning Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED
Blended Learning BCLS+AED consist of 1-hr of eLearning training that teaches the essential knowledge and skills to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Conscious and Unconscious casualty) Protocol on
This blended learning will also teach you on the use of an Automated Emergency Defibrillator (AED).
Step 1: Create an account using your personal email address
Step 2: Fill in the necessary details and await for our email to assign password
Step 3: Await for your account to be verified.
Due to security reasons, SERA will screen through the registrations before allowing accounts to approved. This process will normally take 1 to 2 working days. To shorten the process, write in to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the following details.
- Your name
- Your email address that you used to create the account
- Purpose of creating account – i.e. For BCLS+AED Elearning
Step 4: Check your email to see if your account has been approved.
Once approved, you will receive the following email from us
Step 5: Log in to sera.sg and purchase the course. Then, check your email for the online learning link and start your learning!
If you have a valid BCLS+AED Certificate, you can select the (Blended) BCLS+AED Refresher Course, upon registration and payment made, an account will be created for you.
If you do not have a valid BCLS+AED Certificate, but wish to attain an Accredited BCLS+AED Certificate, you can select the ((Blended) BCLS+AED Full Course, upon registration and payment made, an account will be created for you.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of injuries
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Perform adult CPR and use the AED
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction (i.e. choking) management for a conscious or unconscious adult
At the end of the BCLS+AED eLearning, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
At the end of BCLS+AED eLearning and 4 hours onsite training and assessment or 2 hours advanced BCLS+AED training and upon successfully completing the theory and practical assessments, participants will receive an accredited Basic Cardiac Life Support with AED Provider Certificate that is valid for 2 years.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO)
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO)
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO)
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
A certificate will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set and theory assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
Certification of Completion will be given once the trainees passed the online theory assessment.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses the Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allows students to observe a true chest rise.
- Head tilt-chin lift feature enhances the learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR
- Real-time feedback of the quality of compressions and ventilations delivered which will enable the participants to correct themselves to deliver high quality CPR
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) [For Full and Refresher add on only]
Duration: 1 hours eLearning + 2 hours (Blended) BCLS+AED REFRESHER Course or 4 hours (Blended) BCLS+AED FULL Course
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Course Fee: $25 (elearning only), $75 (Blended) BCLS+AED REFRESHER Course, $125 (Blended) BCLS+AED FULL Course. (exclusive of GST)
Upon Completion: Certificate of Completion (eLearning only), OR Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED Provider Certification (upon completion of elearning and completing the refresher or full course add on.
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion