About BCLS+AED Instructor Course
BCLS+AED Instructor Course aims to equip you with essential teaching and facilitation skills to impart lifesaving skills! In addition, the course will also teach you the principles in Teaching and Learning, QCPR Manikin Maintenance and Trouble-shooting of the manikin.
Kindly note that you are required to have a valid BCLS+AED provider certificate upon registration.
Upon completion of the course, you are required to undergo 2 training attachments where you will be assessed as an Instructor Trainee.
1) Healthcare Professionals (Nurses, Doctors, Dentist and Clinic Assistants)
2) Individual who is passionate to impart lifesaving skills
- The course consists of 8 hours face to face training and 2 On Job Training for practical hands-on teaching.
*Our Full-Time Chief Instructor is assigned to manage and ensure that Instructor Trainee can successfully graduate from the program within 6 months.
|Discounted Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Registered Nurses with Singapore Nursing Board (SNB) License||$17.12||$325.28|
|Mid-Career Subsidy (≥ 40 years old)||$34.24||$308.16|
|Certified SERA participant or Instructor||$34.24||$308.16|
- To apply for funding, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that prices and funding are subject to changes.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- Valid BCLS+AED certification
*If you do not have a valid BCLS+AED certificate, fret not! Join our BCLS+AED course first before proceeding on to the BCLS+AED Instructor Course.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- The course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) and SIMPAD from Laerdal
Theory and Practical: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Attachment: Upon completion of the classroom training, participants are required to complete 2 attachments with the Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA).
The certificate will be issued after the participant successfully completes and passes the 2 attachments.
If the trainee fails any one of the two attachments, the participant is considered to have failed the attachment and needs to take a third attachment. If the participant fails the third attachment, the participant is considered to have failed the course. There will be no further attachments given and the participant will have to retake the entire course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our extensive FAQs are here to answer any questions you may have about SERA’s training courses, certifications, accreditations and more.
Applying for SSG Fundings
We are pleased to share that Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who are above the age of 21 can qualify for Self-Sponsored SSG Funding for Individuals.
Please see below for the steps to apply for this funding:
- Register the courses with us
- Please fill in the form here as all information is mandatory for us to submit the claim for you: https://goo.gl/forms/7DLbtyGtlRL3xKlJ2.
- You will require a password to fill in the form. The password is 2019SERA
- Based on the information that you have submitted, we will apply for SSG funding for you
- We will inform you of the outcome and the balance due payable by you
- For the balance due payable by you, you can make payment via Skillsfuture Credits, NETS, bank transfer or PayNow. Do advise which method you’d prefer.
Kindly note that the certificate for the course will be issued to you only upon successful completion of the course and receipt of the balance due payable by you.
*The following courses are not applicable for SSG Self Sponsored Fundings but are applicable for Skillsfuture Fundings:
- Basic First Aid with CPR+AED Course
- Basic First Aid Course
- Psychological First Aid Course
About WTS Fundings
WTS stands for Workfare Training Support Scheme. WTS encourages individuals to attend training to upgrade their work skills and improve their employability.
Eligible individuals may receive:
- Course fee subsidy to lower training costs
- Training allowance when training is relevant to their job and individuals had paid for their own training
- A cash reward for completing training
Refer to Programme Brochure for the terms and conditions
To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities); and
- Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.
About Our Courses
About our Accreditation
Yes. Please refer to the list below for course accreditation information.
All Standard First Aid, Child First Aid, CPR + AED and Basic Life Support (BCLS+AED) and Instructor Courses
Accredited by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Occupational First Aid Courses
Accredited by MOM
Applied Psychological First Aid
Accredited by the Academy of Certified Counsellors (ACC)
Basic First Aid and Infant and Child Basic First Aid Courses
Accredited by SERA.
All courses accredited by SRFAC and MOM will last for 2 years from the date of completion.
Yes, we provide refresher courses for Standard First Aid, Basic First Aid and Occupational First Aid.
Provider certificates are eligible for renewal/refresher course, 3 months before or 3 months after the stated expiry date.
Yes, we can provide the class at your premises with a minimum of 8 participants. Kindly drop us an email at email@example.com to find out more.
SERA complies with the SRFAC guidelines of
1 Instructor: 6 Students: 1 Manikin/AED for our CPR+AED Courses,
1 Instructor: 18 Students for our Standard First Aid Courses, Child and Occupational First Aid Courses
About Our Location
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Duration: 9 hours (1 day from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$400.00 (before GST) $320.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: BCLS+AED Instructor Certification
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion
BCLS+AED Instructor Attachment
Attachment Fee: $50 (before GST) per attachment
*For participants who are taking the Instructor course at other Training Centres and will like to complete their BCLS+AED Instructor course attachments at our Academy only.