BCLS+AED Instructor Course
📋 About BCLS+AED Instructor Course
BCLS+AED Instructor Course is an 9-hour course for those who enjoy teaching people in saving lives. The course content includes principles in Teaching and Learning, QCPR Manikin Maintenance and Trouble-shooting and small group training with lots of practical assessments. The course requires a valid BCLS+AED provider certificate upon registration.
There is a requirement of 2 attachments after taking this course to be certified as a BCLS + AED Instructor, and the attachment must be done at SERA.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- Valid BCLS+AED certification
If you do not have a valid BCLS+AED certificate, fret not! Join our BCLS+AED course first before proceeding on to the BCLS+AED Instructor Course.
- Principles in Teaching and Learning
- QCPR Manikin Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Interpreting QCPR Rhythm Strip
- Small Group Training with Practical Assessments for BCLS+AED
Theory and Practical: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Attachment: Upon completion of the classroom training, participants are required to complete 2 attachments with the Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA).
The certificate will be issued after the participant successfully completes and passes the 2 attachments.
If the trainee fails any one of the two attachments, the participant is considered to have failed the attachment and needs to take a third attachment. If the participant fails the third attachment, the participant is considered to have failed the course. There will be no further attachments given and the participant will have to retake the entire course.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) and SIMPAD from Laerdal
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Duration: 9 hours (1 day from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$400.00 (before GST) $380.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Attachment Fee: $50 (before GST) per attachment
*For participants who are taking the Instructor course at other Training Centres and will like to complete their BCLS+AED Instructor course attachments at our Academy only.
Click here to register for the attachment
Upon Completion: BCLS+AED Instructor Certification
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion