BCLS+AED eLearning consist of 1-hr of eLearning training that teaches the essential knowledge and skills to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Conscious and Unconscious casualty) Protocol on:
This blended learning will also teach you on the use of an Automated Emergency Defibrillator (AED).
Step 1: Create an account using your personal email address
Step 2: Fill in the necessary details and await for our email to assign password
Step 3: Await for your account to be verified.
Due to security reasons, SERA will screen through the registrations before allowing accounts to approved. This process will normally take 1 to 2 working days. To shorten the process, write in to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the following details.
- Your name
- Your email address that you used to create the account
- Purpose of creating account – i.e. For BCLS+AED Elearning
Step 4: Check your email to see if your account has been approved.
Once approved, you will receive the following email from us
Step 5: Log in to sera.sg and purchase the course. Then, check your email for the online learning link and start your learning!
If you have a valid BCLS+AED Certificate, you can select the (Blended) BCLS+AED Refresher Course, upon registration and payment made, an account will be created for you.
If you do not have a valid BCLS+AED Certificate, but wish to attain an Accredited BCLS+AED Certificate, you can select the ((Blended) BCLS+AED Full Course, upon registration and payment made, an account will be created for you.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of injuries
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Perform adult CPR and use the AED
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction (i.e. choking) management for a conscious or unconscious adult
At the end of the BCLS+AED eLearning, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
At the end of BCLS+AED eLearning and 4 hours onsite training and assessment or 2 hours advanced BCLS+AED training and upon successfully completing the theory and practical assessments, participants will receive an accredited Basic Cardiac Life Support with AED Provider Certificate that is valid for 2 years.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO)
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO)
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO)
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
A certificate will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set and theory assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
Certification of Completion will be given once the trainees passed the online theory assessment.
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses the Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features:
- Realistic experience that provides for the best “real life CPR outcomes”
- Allows students to observe a true chest rise.
- Head tilt-chin lift feature enhances the learning experience and teaches students how to open the airway during CPR
- Real-time feedback of the quality of compressions and ventilations delivered which will enable the participants to correct themselves to deliver high quality CPR
Accreditation: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) [For Full and Refresher add on only]
Duration: 1 hours eLearning + 2 hours (Blended) BCLS+AED REFRESHER Course or 4 hours (Blended) BCLS+AED FULL Course
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Course Fee: $25 (elearning only), $75 (Blended) BCLS+AED REFRESHER Course, $125 (Blended) BCLS+AED FULL Course. (exclusive of GST)
Upon Completion: Certificate of Completion (eLearning only), OR Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED Provider Certification (upon completion of elearning and completing the refresher or full course add on.
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion