About Basic First Aid Course
Basic First Aid Course is a classroom-based, instructor-led program with skills, hands-on training and demonstrations conducted throughout. The course will teach the students the critical skills in responding to different emergencies in the first few minutes before an emergency medical team arrives. Students will also learn how to perform Adult Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Kindly note that if you require a First Aid certification accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC), this is not the course you need to attend. The one that you need to attend is the Standard First Aid+AED course.
For example, if you are a Sports Coach under the National Registry of Coaches, or if you require first aid certification in order to conduct your trainings or programmes in schools, then the course that you are looking to attend is the Standard First Aid+AED course.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of unintentional injuries
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction management for conscious adult
- Perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Responding to Medical Emergencies
- Breathing Difficulties
- Circulatory System and Wound Management
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Other Injuries
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed) for the CPR+AED module
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed) for the CPR+AED module
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Basic First Aid Certification.
- Classroom-based instructor-led training focusing on simulation activities (Instructor and video, demonstration and skills)
- SERA Basic First Aid Course Manual
- First Aid Simulation (through close to real life situations)
Frequently Asked Questions
Our extensive FAQs are here to answer any questions you may have about SERA’s training courses, certifications, accreditations and more.
Applying for SSG Fundings
We are pleased to share that Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who are above the age of 21 can qualify for Self-Sponsored SSG Funding for Individuals.
Please see below for the steps to apply for this funding:
- Register the courses with us
- Please fill in the form here as all information is mandatory for us to submit the claim for you: https://goo.gl/forms/7DLbtyGtlRL3xKlJ2.
- You will require a password to fill in the form. The password is 2019SERA
- Based on the information that you have submitted, we will apply for SSG funding for you
- We will inform you of the outcome and the balance due payable by you
- For the balance due payable by you, you can make payment via Skillsfuture Credits, NETS, bank transfer or PayNow. Do advise which method you’d prefer.
Kindly note that the certificate for the course will be issued to you only upon successful completion of the course and receipt of the balance due payable by you.
*The following courses are not applicable for SSG Self Sponsored Fundings but are applicable for Skillsfuture Fundings:
- Basic First Aid with CPR+AED Course
- Basic First Aid Course
- Psychological First Aid Course
About WTS Fundings
WTS stands for Workfare Training Support Scheme. WTS encourages individuals to attend training to upgrade their work skills and improve their employability.
Eligible individuals may receive:
- Course fee subsidy to lower training costs
- Training allowance when training is relevant to their job and individuals had paid for their own training
- A cash reward for completing training
Refer to Programme Brochure for the terms and conditions
To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities); and
- Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.
About Our Courses
About our Accreditation
Yes. Please refer to the list below for course accreditation information.
All Standard First Aid, Child First Aid, CPR + AED and Basic Life Support (BCLS+AED) and Instructor Courses
Accredited by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Occupational First Aid Courses
Accredited by MOM
Applied Psychological First Aid
Accredited by the Academy of Certified Counsellors (ACC)
Basic First Aid and Infant and Child Basic First Aid Courses
Accredited by SERA.
All courses accredited by SRFAC and MOM will last for 2 years from the date of completion.
Yes, we provide refresher courses for Standard First Aid, Basic First Aid and Occupational First Aid.
Provider certificates are eligible for renewal/refresher course, 3 months before or 3 months after the stated expiry date.
Yes, we can provide the class at your premises with a minimum of 8 participants. Kindly drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
SERA complies with the SRFAC guidelines of
1 Instructor: 6 Students: 1 Manikin/AED for our CPR+AED Courses,
1 Instructor: 18 Students for our Standard First Aid Courses, Child and Occupational First Aid Courses
About Our Location
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
Featured Review by Our Certified Participant
” I love the course, lessons were always engaging and informative. My Instructor was clear in the delivery of lesson and made it easy for us to learn and absorb. – Rossi Vasanth, 3 May 2018
Duration: 4 hours (0.5 day from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
Course Fee: $90.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Certified SERA participants and Instructor are eligible for a special 10% discount off the programme fee.
Eligible participants are to email their personal particulars + an image of their membership card to email@example.com
Write in to firstname.lastname@example.org if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
Upon Completion: Certificate in Basic First Aid
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion