Basic First Aid Course
📋 About Basic First Aid Course
Basic First Aid Course is classroom-based, instructor-led program with skills, hands-on training and demonstrations conducted throughout. The course will teach the students the critical skills in responding to different emergencies in the first few minutes before an emergency medical team arrives. Students will also learn how to perform Adult Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Kindly note that if you require a First Aid certification accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC), this is not the course you need to attend. The one that you need to attend is the Standard First Aid+AED course.
For example, if you are a Sports Coach under the National Registry of Coaches, or if you require first aid certification in order to conduct your trainings or programmes in schools, then the course that you are looking to attend is the Standard First Aid+AED course.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of unintentional injuries
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction management for conscious adult
- Perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Responding to Medical Emergencies
- Breathing Difficulties
- Circulatory System and Wound Management
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Other Injuries
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed) for the CPR+AED module
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed) for the CPR+AED module
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Basic First Aid Certification.
- Classroom-based instructor-led training focusing on simulation activities (Instructor and video, demonstration and skills)
- SERA Basic First Aid Course Manual
- First Aid Simulation (through close to real life situations)
Featured Review by Our Certified Participant
” I love the course, lessons were always engaging and informative. My Instructor was clear in the delivery of lesson and made it easy for us to learn and absorb. – Rossi Vasanth, 3 May 2018
Duration: 4 hours (0.5 day from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$120.00 (before GST) $110.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: Certificate in Basic First Aid
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion