About Basic First Aid Course
Basic First Aid Course is a 4.5 hours program that teaches you the critical skills in responding to different emergencies in the first few minutes before an emergency medical team arrives. You will also learn how to perform Adult Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
The course is designed for individuals who want to learn more about First Aid and render help in their office, community and around their neighbourhood!
❌CPR+AED Module is not included in this Course. If you are looking for a course with CPR+AED Course, you may wish to consider:
📍 Training Location: 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, behind Centrepoint, Somerset
🕐 Course Duration: 0.5-Day [4.5 hours]
🧮 Course Fee:
$128.40 Now: $107.00 (incl of GST)
- Individuals who are keen to learn basic first aid and render help during an emergency
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of unintentional injuries
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction management for conscious adult
- Perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Introduction to First Aid
– First aid equipment and supplies
– Primary survey (DRSABC)
– Recovery position
• Breathing Difficulties
– Care for choking, allergies and asthma
• Circulatory system and wound management
– Understanding Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest
– Bandaging techniques for wounds
– Diabetic conditions
• Musculoskeletal Injuries
– Bandaging techniques for fractures
– Management of soft tissue injuries
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate in CPR+AED that is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and is valid for 2 years and a certificate in Basic First Aid + AED accreditated by Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA)
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
4.5 hours (0.5 day from 2pm to 6.30pm)
View Upcoming Dates and Register Now:
Basic First Aid 0.5-Day Course
$128.40 Now: $107.00 (incl of GST)
⛑️ Basic First Aid Course for Uniform Group CCA in School
Our Basic First Aid Course Course can be customized to fulfill the badge requirement for Uniform Group in Primary/Secondary School. The following are the Uniform Groups we have worked with:
- The Girls’ Brigade
- The Boys’ Brigade
- National Cadet Corps
- National Police Cadet Corps
Kindly drop us an email at email@example.com to arrange a class for your CCA!
What our customers say about our courses
Y. Y. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve attended the First Aid and AED courses at a few providers before and while those were good, what they have at SERA is a whole lot better.
I attended their First Aid and AED refresher course and having attended others before, thought it would be pretty much the standard two day course. At the end of the two days however, I came away from it not only better educated but having really really enjoyed myself! 😀👍
I had been to a few places for OFA course, but they were not well-equipped in managing people relationship. SERA has demonstrated as a leader in people-centric. They value my team, our goal for taking up the course and committed to see us through the course successfully. Kudos to you! SERA is indeed a 5 star rated institution. I will be back for more!!! 😀👍
Sally N. X. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We will like to thank SERA for the 3 days of First Aid and AED courses that were attended by our coaches. SERA management have been super helpful with our last minute request and giving us valuable feedback and updates. We are looking forward for more people to be certified and of course for those who have taken the certificates, we look forward to join back the class 2 years later, before the expiring of our existing certificates. 😀👍
Hello! We are from Singapore Emergency Responder Academy! Stay tune for more updates and happenings of our First Aid and Life Support Training here!