(SERA) CERT/Basic First Aid with CPR+AED
📋 About CERT/Basic First Aid with CPR+AED
CERT/Basic First Aid with CPR+AED with CPR+AED is a concise yet comprehensive, instructor-led program with skills, demonstration and hands-on training conducted throughout.
In this 1-day course, you will learn to perform Home and Community First Aid, Adult Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) machine on an unconscious casualty before paramedics or help arrives.
This course is highly recommended for CERT Team members, Homemakers, Students or anyone who has a passion to help others in need.
Are you ready to save lives?
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of injuries (refer to content tab)
- Administer basic immediate first aid before medical help arrives
- Perform Foreign Body Airway Obstruction management for conscious adult
- Perform Adult Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
• Introduction to First Aid
– First aid equipment and supplies
– Primary survey (DRSABC)
– Recovery position
• Breathing Difficulties
– Care for choking, allergies and asthma
• Circulatory system and wound management
– Care for heart attack
– Bandaging techniques for wounds
– Diabetic conditions
• Musculoskeletal Injuries
– Bandaging techniques for fractures
– Management of soft tissue injuries
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed) for the CPR+AED module
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed) for the CPR+AED module
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate in CPR+AED that is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and is valid for 2 years and a certificate in Basic First Aid + AED accreditated by Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA)
- Classroom-based instructor-led training focusing on simulation activities (Instructor and video, demonstration and skills)
- Upon successful completion of the CPR+AED module, participants will receive a certificate in CPR+AED which is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and has a validity period of 2 years.
- SERA Basic First Aid Course Manual
- First Aid Simulation (through close to real life situations)
You may also be interested in the following courses
Featured Review by Our Certified Participant
” I love the course, lessons were always engaging and informative. My Instructor was clear in the delivery of lesson and made it easy for us to learn and absorb. –Rossi Vasanth, 3 May 2018
Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0045645)
Kindly note that the amount of funding accorded will depend on 1) your company’s profile on SSG and 2) the profile of the participants that you’re sending for the course. A summary of the type and amount of funding that the staff will be eligible for can be viewed here.
Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0045645)
Accreditation: CPR+AED: Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Duration: 8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
Venue: SERA, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$160.00 (before GST) $140.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Certified SERA participants and Instructor are eligible for a special 10% discount off the programme fee.
Eligible participants are to email their personal particulars + an image of their membership card to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write in to email@example.com if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
Upon Completion: Certificate in Basic First Aid + AED
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion