About the BCLS+AED Course
The Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED, BCLS+AED is an activity-based instructor-led training that teaches the students in the proper way of Adult, Child and Infant Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Respiratory Resuscitation and Automated Emergency Defibrillator (AED) use.
The whole training course will focus on simulation and one-on-one demonstration, with a one-hour lecture.
1) Healthcare Professionals (Nurses, Doctors, Dentist and Clinic Assistants)
2) Young Parents keen on learning Infant and Children resuscitation
3) Individual interested to become Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) + AED Instructor
The BCLS+AED Certification is one of the requirements for Individual before they are eligible for BCLS+AED Instructor Course
8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
|Self-Sponored||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|SSG Funding (≥ 21 years old)||$120.00||$40.50|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old)||$135.00||$25.50|
- You can use your SkillsFuture Credit to claim for the remaining of the course fee! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- To apply for funding, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Company-Sponsored (SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees - |
90% of course fee up to $25 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 80% of hourly basic salary up to $7.50 per training hr
|Coy, SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
|Company-Sponsored (NON-SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, Non-SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees ( ≥ 21 years old ) - |
80% of course fee up to $17 per training hr + $7 per OJT hrAbsentee Payroll -
80% of hourly basic salary up to $4.50 per training hr
|Coy, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old ), External Course Fees - ||$135.00||$25.50|
|Coy, Non-SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $8.50 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
- Note: SkillsFuture Funding, >=21 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR SkillsFuture Funding, >=40 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
- Please note that prices are subject to changes.
- *Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary).
- Course ID: CRS-N-0040580
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Demonstrate Adult, Child and Infant CPR competently
- Use the AED safety and effectively
- Initiate Conscious Foreign Body Airway Obstruction Protocol on Adult, Child and Infant competently
- Perform Unconscious Foreign Body Airway Obstruction Protocol on Adult, Child and Infant competently
- Place Casualty on Recovery Position
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
News, Events & Updates
New BCLS+AED Training Manual by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Frequently Asked Questions
Our extensive FAQs are here to answer any questions you may have about SERA’s training courses, certifications, accreditations and more.
Applying for SSG Fundings
We are pleased to share that Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who are above the age of 21 can qualify for Self-Sponsored SSG Funding for Individuals.
Please see below for the steps to apply for this funding:
- Register the courses with us
- Please fill in the form here as all information is mandatory for us to submit the claim for you: https://goo.gl/forms/7DLbtyGtlRL3xKlJ2.
- You will require a password to fill in the form. The password is 2019SERA
- Based on the information that you have submitted, we will apply for SSG funding for you
- We will inform you of the outcome and the balance due payable by you
- For the balance due payable by you, you can make payment via Skillsfuture Credits, NETS, bank transfer or PayNow. Do advise which method you’d prefer.
Kindly note that the certificate for the course will be issued to you only upon successful completion of the course and receipt of the balance due payable by you.
*The following courses are not applicable for SSG Self Sponsored Fundings but are applicable for Skillsfuture Fundings:
- Basic First Aid with CPR+AED Course
- Basic First Aid Course
- Psychological First Aid Course
About WTS Fundings
WTS stands for Workfare Training Support Scheme. WTS encourages individuals to attend training to upgrade their work skills and improve their employability.
Eligible individuals may receive:
- Course fee subsidy to lower training costs
- Training allowance when training is relevant to their job and individuals had paid for their own training
- A cash reward for completing training
Refer to Programme Brochure for the terms and conditions
To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities); and
- Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.
About Our Courses
About our Accreditation
Yes. Please refer to the list below for course accreditation information.
All Standard First Aid, Child First Aid, CPR + AED and Basic Life Support (BCLS+AED) and Instructor Courses
Accredited by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Occupational First Aid Courses
Accredited by MOM
Applied Psychological First Aid
Accredited by the Academy of Certified Counsellors (ACC)
Basic First Aid and Infant and Child Basic First Aid Courses
Accredited by SERA.
All courses accredited by SRFAC and MOM will last for 2 years from the date of completion.
Yes, we provide refresher courses for Standard First Aid, Basic First Aid and Occupational First Aid.
Provider certificates are eligible for renewal/refresher course, 3 months before or 3 months after the stated expiry date.
Yes, we can provide the class at your premises with a minimum of 8 participants. Kindly drop us an email at email@example.com to find out more.
SERA complies with the SRFAC guidelines of
1 Instructor: 6 Students: 1 Manikin/AED for our CPR+AED Courses,
1 Instructor: 18 Students for our Standard First Aid Courses, Child and Occupational First Aid Courses
About Our Location
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
Featured Review by Our Certified Participant
“Trainer is very professional and clear in his teaching, high recommended for others to register! – Tang Wong Ngan, 26 May 2018
$180.00 per pax $150 per pax (exclusive of GST)
Registered Nurses ( The Singapore Nursing Board) and Certified SERA participants are eligible for a special 10% discount off the programme fee.
Eligible participants are to email their personal particulars + an image of their membership card to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write in to email@example.com if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
Duration: 8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
Upon Completion: Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS+AED) Provider Certification
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion