Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS+AED) Full Course
Overview for BCLS+AED Full Course
Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED, BCLS+AED is an activity-based instructor-led training that teaches the students in proper way of Adult, Child and Infant Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Respiratory Resuscitation and Automated Emergency Defibrillator (AED) use.
The whole training course will focus on simulation and one-on-one demonstration, with one-hour lecture.
1) Healthcare Professionals (Nurses, Doctors, Dentist and Clinic Assistants)
2) Young Parents keen on learning Infant and Children resuscitation
3) Individual interested to become Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) + AED Instructor
The BCLS+AED Certification is one of the requirements for Individual before they are eligible for BCLS+AED Instructor Course
8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED Course
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Demonstrate Adult, Child and Infant CPR competently
- Use the AED safety and effectively
- Initiate Conscious Foreign Body Airway Obstruction Protocol on Adult, Child and Infant competently
- Perform Unconscious Foreign Body Airway Obstruction Protocol on Adult, Child and Infant competently
- Place Casualty on Recovery Position
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 51 Cuppage Road #03-03. Just a 5-minutes walk from Somerset MRT, you will be able to get to our location! Click here for the direction guide to get to our premises!
$150 per pax (exclusive of GST)
- The course fee includes registration fee, training notes, and 1 face-shield
- Please note that GST is applicable to all courses, final cost fee will be reflected on the registration page
- Payment Modes
- Paypal (through www.sera.sg)
- Cheque (payable to Singapore Emergency Responder Academy)
- A corporate class can be arranged as minimum as 6 trainees per class.
- Use your SkillsFuture Credit for the course! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- Eligible for SSG Fundings (Training Grant and Absentee Payroll) (Course ID: CRS-N-0040580)
Kindly note that the amount of funding accorded will depend on 1) your company’s profile on SSG and 2) the profile of the participants that you’re sending for the course. A summary of the type and amount of funding that the staff will be eligible for can be viewed here.
- Eligible for Skillsfuture Credit Claims (Course ID: CRS-N-0040580)
According to Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council, the BCLS+AED Certification is valid for 2 years. To renew the certification, you are required to attend the 1/2-days BCLS+AED Refresher Course before the certification expires.
Featured Review by Our Certified Participant
“Trainer is very professional and clear in his teaching, high recommended for others to register! – Tang Wong Ngan, 26 May 2018
$180.00 per pax $150 per pax (exclusive of GST)
Registered Nurses ( The Singapore Nursing Board) and Certified SERA participants are eligible for a special 10% discount off the programme fee.
Eligible participants are to email their personal particulars + an image of their membership card to email@example.com
Write in to firstname.lastname@example.org if you will like to partner with SERA to provide special rates for your staff! 😊
Duration: 8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
Upon Completion: Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS+AED) Provider Certification
Validity Period: 2 years from date of completion