CPR+AED Instructor Course Overview
In CPR+AED Instructor Course, you will learn essential teaching and facilitation skills to impart lifesaving skills. This course will also teach you the principles in teaching and learning, QCPR manikin and maintenance and trouble-shooting of the manikin.
You are required to have a valid CPR+AED provider certificate upon registration. Upon completion of the course, you are required to undergo 2 training attachments where you will be assessed as an Instructor Trainee.
Participants (with a valid BCLS+AED Provider Certificate) can consider taking the BCLS+AED Instructor Course instead. This course will certify you to teach both CPR+AED and Basic Cardiac Life Support+AED.
Please note that taking the CPR+AED Instructor Course does not automatically make you an instructor of SERA. Interested applicants can send their application and resume to SERA for consideration.
Mode: 1-day In-Person Session + 2 On-the-job (OJT) Attachments
Duration: Onsite Practical (8 contact hours) + OJT Attachments (4-8 hours each)
Course Fee: $200.00 bgst ($216.00 wgst)
Course Code: –
Training Venue: 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, behind Centrepoint, Somerset
Certification: Accredited by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC), valid for 2 years from date of completion of the second OJT. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an e-certificate via email.
How To Register
View Upcoming CPR+AED Instructor Course Dates
By filling in your registration details and clicking the submit button, we will receive your registration details.
If your company is doing bulk registrations and sending participants for different course dates, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the bulk enrolment form instead and we will assist you accordingly.
Apply And Receive An Invoice
For individuals from government agencies or MOE schools, we can submit an e-invoice. Send an email to email@example.com with the name(s) of the participant(s) that you have registered, along with the e-invoicing instructions (such as department and sub-business unit).
For individuals from private organizations, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name(s) of the participant(s) that you have registered.
After receiving the participants’ registration information, SERA will send you the invoice.
Request for Group/Corporate Training
SERA can conduct a private course run for your team if you have at least 8 participants. If the total class size exceeds 16, SERA can conduct multiple concurrent classes for your organisation. This can be conducted at your premises or ours.
If you have less than 8 participants, we can open a class on your preferred date (subject to availability), conducted at SERA’s premises, but will keep the class open for public registrations.
Upon filling in the form below, our team will be in touch with you to provide you the quotation.
Submit Your Enquiry Here
As part of the assessment requirements, participants must do 2 minutes of continuous chest compressions and this can be physically strenuous. Participants experiencing the following medical conditions are advised not to participant.
- Now or has ever had or been bothered with any medical illnesses like back trouble, knee/joint/spinal injuries, heart trouble, high blood pressure, fainting spells, other physical conditions or other medical disabilities or serious illness
- Is currently pregnant
There is no funding available.
There is no funding available.
- Individuals who are keen to teach CPR+AED
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Valid CPR+AED Provider Certificate (Validity period must cover the duration of the course and attachments)
The training syllabus and assessment guidelines are developed by Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA).
- Principles in Teaching and Learning
- QCPR Manikin Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Interpreting QCPR Rhythm Strip
- Small Group Training with Practical Assessments for CPR+AED
Participants will have to complete 30 Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) test and need to score at least 80% (24/30) to successfully pass the course.
If a participant fails the theory assessment, the participant will be given 1 more attempt at the theory assessment.
Attachment: Upon completion of the classroom training, participants are required to complete 2 attachments with the Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA).
The certificate will be issued after the participant successfully completes and passes the 2 attachments.
If the trainee fails any one of the two attachments, the participant is considered to have failed the attachment and needs to take a third attachment. If the participant fails the third attachment, the participant is considered to have failed the course. There will be no further attachments given and the participant will have to retake the entire course.
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Brayden and Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.